1. We are not accepting any new account registrations at this time - watch out for announcements on Discord.

About piracy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by arcano, Feb 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. arcano

arcano Registered User Reverser

[​IMG]

[ENG]

I would like here to make a consideration about computer piracy. I appeal to everyone with a prayer, if the software you use finds it attractive and useful, if you have the money to buy it, please, do it. The music market has been destabilized, since you can not buy more music CDs, but the artists have recycled themselves by earning on concerts, so they have compressed their earnings, often oversized and overestimated, but the programmers, you see them doing concerts for to earn money, since the software always earns less ??? A few days ago, I talked, after many years, with a childhood friend who is very active in the videogames scene especially for consoles, PS4, Nintendo Switch, but also 3ds and even before Amiga, he told me about the failure of Denuvo protection and that now the video games are unprotected within a few hours. People, we, we download, we get bored and we cancel the work of many good people, who have talent, but especially they have to get to the end of the month to pay the bills, or keep their family, but if you inspired us, we entertained of the time or better still, we use it for work, we have the moral duty to buy it. At least as a form of appreciation. To a friend of yours who helped you climb a piece of furniture home with the stairs, do not you offer him a beer? Here you do the same with the programmers who have made your life less bitter.

Thank you for reading up here
    Arcano

[ITA]
    Vorrei, qui, fare una considerazione, circa la pirateria informatica. Mi rivolgo a tutti con una preghiera, se il sofware utilizzato lo trovate attraente e utile, se avete i soldi per acquistarlo, vi prego, fatelo.
    Il mercato della musica è stato destabilizato, visto che non si acquistano più cd musicali, ma gli artisti si sono riciclati guadagnando sui concerti, quindi hanno compresso i loro guadagni, spesso fuori misura e sovrastimati, ma i programmatori, li vedete a fare concerti per guadagnare, visto che dal software si guadagna sempre di meno???
    Qualche giorno fa, ho parlato, dopo tantissimi anni, con un mio amico d'infanzia che è molto attivo nella scena dei videogiochi sopratutto per console, PS4, Nintendo Switch, ma anche 3ds e prima ancora Amiga, mi raccontava del fallimento della protezione Denuvo e che ormai i videogiochi vengono sprotetti nel giro di qualche ora.
    Le persone, noi, scarichiamo, ci annoiamo e cancelliamo il lavoro di tante brave persone, che hanno talento, ma soptratutto devono arrivare a fine mese per pagare le bollette, o mantenere la propria famigila, ma se ci ha ispirati, ci ha intrattenuto per del tempo o se meglio ancora, lo utilizziamo per lavoro, abbiamo il doverer morale di acquistarlo. Almeno come forma di apprezzamento. A un vostro amico che vi ha aiutato a salire un mobile a casa con le scale, non gli offrite una birra? Ecco fate lo stesso con i programmatori che vi hanno reso la vita meno amara.

Vi ringrazio per aver letto fino a qui
    Arcano

2. Challenger

Challenger is a Trusted Warez PosterChallenger Three Eyed Raven Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser

Ive always, from day one, bought software if Ive found it useful.

The last (recent) example of this was Bootstrap Studio, I tried a patched version off Board4all then realized my workflow would improve dramatically instead of doing it by hand... it was a easy decision for me so bought a lifetime license... basically its a good "try before you buy" for me because sometimes demos are still restricted and you can't really fully test.

I also own a genuine Visual Studio, Autodesk Maya, Basic4Android (B4A), Basic4IOS (B4i) and many others.

draww likes this.
  3. Lucas North

Lucas North Registered User

Likewise, if I see the program in question will be a valuable asset to my day to day use I will indeed purchase.
    My first ever genuine versions was Windows 7 and Powerarchiver but many more since but moreso
    it tends to be Photoshop plug-ins.

4. Tiz

Tiz Registered User

I also bought software like Guild Wars, Rocket League or even MASM. But I do hate to install DRM-infested software (or any other rootkits for this matter). I prefer keeping my system as clean as possible and, therefore, generally use "cured" versions of commercial software (even if I have a license for the copy-protected original version). Portables are ideal but are generally not offered for sale.

In my view, it should also be considered that copyrights are not natural rights but artificial monopoly rights granted by the government (although monopolies are generally considered evil in economic theory). I believe that it does make sense to provide copyright owners with a reasonable rate of return in order not to stifle innovation. But nobody should ask for a copyright with the argument that it is somehow "natural" to grant to him a monoply so that he can keep ideas etc for himself and become a billionaire. Sharing or copying ideas is not a bad thing. The development of human kind is based on these principles. A copyright is a dangerous exception from this rule and should only be granted to the extent necessary. After a reasonable rate of return has been reached, a copyright should expire. Terms like "piracy" or similar expressions stem from framing manuals of lobbyists. These terms are used to impede a more balanced discussion of the pros and cons of artificial monopolies.

5. ro

robrasra Registered User

For this issue, there are three considerations.

1. Amount of money, that the vendor wants/wishes to earn. vs. how much he should actually get,
    2. How much money he is losing,
    3. and the skill-sets that person has.

Well... I give good example. Delphi, NET et al.
    a. How many developers become skilled to be TV (Tools Vendor) or App vendor, or just wannbe developer, script kiddie?
    b. How many developers cannot product a single component / website / or work hard?
    c. Skill-set of the developer, after, say, 10 years. I say, 10 years, because B4A existed nearly for a decade...

If it's really good, I'll buy it... but... i most of the times, the libraries, after some time, they expire, and not get latest, or is poor quality, which is best avoided.

Let me talk about jobs... Almost all the delphi developers who I hired, are idiot and stupid developers, don't know this, don't know that, despite the source code available for them to look, see.
    Why? They only care about collecting this source code, that source-code, and download TMS!, download DevExpress.NET, but unable to do something meaningful with them.
    I ask some developer here to make a nice CRUD (Add/Delete/Edit/Grid) that person knows nuts and nonsense, despite, having TMS and FastReport available.

When I don't pay (mind you, US$3,000 - US$4,000 a month for worthless, useless developers who do nothing but shitty work), they take revenge on me, like want to get me banned from forums, and tell me that I'm worthless, despite me sharing FR and Woll2Woll on this forum! So now, most of my hires are off-line and on-site.

Piracy is like an extended try before you buy.

6. arcano

unfortunately as I said this morning with a dear friend, on the opportunity to make open source sources, the problem is not on the spread of these, it would be nice to build a community that would follow these projects, I have in mind a dozen, which would yield on the market many thousands of euro, the problem lies in the honesty of the people, it will happen that many fans work and some or only one sells the work of the community, there have been striking examples in the past. These people make the person dry up, like the one who asks you for information while another steals your wallet, result: the next time you do not give information to anyone ... Of course it's not fair to generalize, but everything comes from individual egoism

7. Tiz

Tiz Registered User

@arcano Sorry. I wish I could like your post in this subforum ;)

8. arcano

As if...

9. Rekkio

Rekkio Registered User Reverser

Piracy is not about saving money but about taking control.
    Just like wars are not about money but about power.

Look at what the Producers & Developers did to the general public.

They never, ever allowed customers to escape the developer/producer's control.
    They've always kept a tight grip by making themselves the mandatory man-in-the-middle.

Example

So, in case you still don't understand what causes piracy in the first place let's have some examples;

You want to buy a car to drive from home to work and vice-versa, so you come and ask me for a car
    First I instead recommend you to use my taxi service to drive for you.

You clarify that you want to buy a car, not have me drive for you
    Next I tell you I can lend you a car for a reasonable monthly subscription.

You clarify you want to *buy* a car, not lend it for a subscription
    Then I say I can sell you a secured car that only takes our safe & official gas.

You clarify you want to be able to *buy* a car that cans use any gas brand
    * I tell you what you're looking for is unreasonable because due to all-gas cars we're losing gas sales *
    I instead offer you a car that takes any gas but cans only be repaired with our safe & official parts.

You clarify you want to buy a working car and not need my official parts for repair
    * I tell you what you're looking for is unreasonable because due to all-parts cars we're losing spare parts sales *
    I tell you I can't sell a car that would cause our business to lose sales and possibly be rendered bankrupt.

So like the 51 customers I rejected today, you decide to go buy a pirate car on the black market instead.
    Or in the case of a digital media, torrent it for free instead.

10. arcano

more say that every car you have to build with raw materials in a factory and that has a life .. say 20 years and then you have to buy another. The best software, you can develop it in a closet of a subscale, even having only a 15 euro raspberry, which if done well you can use it for a lifetime

11. Qr

QreOS Registered User

I enjoy purchasing digital goods direct from the artist/developer, where those goods are of a high quality and the price is appropriate for *my* intended use case.
    It does not surprise me in the slightest that people vote with their wallets (by putting them back in their pocket), where the above conditions of sale are not met.

Effective market research, distribution channel, pricing model and legal protection (from competitors, not customers!), will result in a % of lost sales to piracy similar to the % of workers lost to voluntary unemployment.
    Spending valuable resources in a doomed attempt to recover this low loss rate, is not in the best financial interests of the business.
    We have seen that these types of actions are damaging to products, brand, staff and customers.

12. trifid

trifid Registered User

Warez, should be - try before you buy software.

No one wants to spend money on a package, application, or game (or movie for that matter) and waste their money and/or time.
    The number of times, that some software was selling it self as being able to do such and such,
    and basically it can't (or won't).

Maybe you just need the software once, and buying it outright is just out of the question.
    But if you use it.
    You need to support the coders that produced it.
    Or sooner or later you're gonna have to code it yourself.

13. arcano

[​IMG]

Do you agree with me that this is a big crap? "Cracked after zero days" means that it was cracked the same day it came out ... I should be the last to talk, because right now I'm doing a very explanatory tutorial on how to crack an application, but this it means killing the software world ... Not to mention some contributions ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

without words....

14. arcano

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 20:28
  15. Mi

Miley Cyrus Registered User

After half life, and then the inception of steam, and it being such a good platform, although i've borrowed copies of games to try them out first, i always end up paying for it on steam to support these developers, especially with so many indy studios out there. I'm not going to pay old billy g any more money, i paid for windows once, i consider that a lifetime subscription :) . But when everyone steals the games we get pay2win dlc and all that garbage, unfortunately, there is not much that can be done. However, steam making it so convenient, it's almost not worth cracking as opposed to just buying the game i feel!

just my 2 cents.

16. Uther

Uther Registered User

I always buy my software, but sometimes you don't have some free version, demo or likewise to "test" the program first and I don't want to be fooled. Honestly, I don't want to spend hundred of dollars in something that is buggy, or not suitable for my needs.
    I have an original windows, almost all my installed programs are originals, all my video games are originals, an so on.

But... I "tested" them first... if you understand what I mean..