1. Board4all.biz is a forum where members can share their knowledge and much more - why not become part of our wonderful community that's been around for over 16 years. If you have problems registering you can send an email to admin@board4all.biz and we will look into it.

Budget Gaming Mechanical Keyboard Suggestions

Discussion in 'HW Helpdesk' started by TatsumiChan, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TatsumiChan

TatsumiChan Registered User

I'm looking for a budget Gaming Mechanical Keyboard for around $90 If anyone knows of a quality gaming keyboard around this price, please inform me! :)

big_man and gjutras like this.
  2. Annix

Annix is a Trusted Warez PosterAnnix Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator V.I.P

I would go with Logitech. I am using G510 from 4 years ago. Still working. There are new versions check them out.

Good luck.

Ph!d, TatsumiChan and yolo like this.
  3. yo

yolo Registered User Banned User

@TatsumiChan, with $90 you can go for really good stuff. It depends on whether you want it programmable, per-key RGB, mechanical, etc.

If you just want anything which is cool, go for some Steel series or Razer since they have some cool programmable features and they are good for typing.

TatsumiChan likes this.
  4. gj

gjutras Registered User

5. Mr

MrNiceBurrito Registered User

6. Ph!d

Ph!d is a Trusted Warez PosterPh!d Board Protector Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser Translator

I would also go for Logitech, they have proven to last for years, not something I could say about Razer which personally got bad experiences from it (ex. defective out of the box or just not lasting more than a year before getting malfunction).

7. dv

dvnx Registered User

If you don't have any favouritism towards any gaming brand peripherals, you can always try Ducky/Rosewill or Filco keyboards. I've owned and used filco keyboard for close to 10 years now, and my current one has been with me for a solid 5-6 years, using it extensively for gaming and programming. The price might be slightly steep but the quality assurance is there imo.

8. Mr

MrSmithr Registered User

Through my personal experiences I can say that Roccat keyboards/mice are built to last also. I have also used logitech in the past which are also great quality. The only reason it made me switch was the fact that Roccat boast a feature called "Easy Shift [+]" which allows pre-programmed keys to be used via the mouse/keyboard using the "Easy Shift [+]", although this key does replace the Caps Lock. If you don't like that you can set it to function as the Caps Lock key through the software.

With the Roccat also with the Easy Shift [+] key, you can use any other key as a combination, including the letters/numbers etc.. so programmable actions/macros are plentiful. There are 5 dedicated macro keys which can also be programmed for more actions with the use of the Easy Shift [+] key. I currently use the Roccat Ryos MK Pro (it's not RGB although they have an RGB version). It also has 2 USB ports and a headphone/microphone input which most certainly are useful, I wish more keyboards had this feature. Btw, I don't work for Roccat I am just a very satisfied end user. I would highly recommend it if your budget allows.