1. Important Notice: ALWAYS login to your account using Board4all.biz - we do not own or run any other websites so please make sure you are connected to our official domain, and that you see the secure connection padlock before entering your login details.

Custom Build PC

Discussion in 'HW Helpdesk' started by Johan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. so

soliver84 Registered User

SSD and Windows 10 .. 10 seconds boot.

For Games 2TB Western Digital Black

meindroid, zwyklybanan and fhill like this.
  2. Mr

MrNiceBurrito Registered User

first of all you havent say whats the reason you want a computer?
    maybe gaming?
    maybe design?
    either way ill say take a look at https://pcpartpicker.com/
    when i did my computer, i was hunting for prices, and since i had no idea of what should i look for i was watching other people builds, and then accomodate to my needs (gaming)

3. fm663

fm663 Registered User

I suggest buying Gaming version of MSI motherboard and MSI GPU as they last long time and silent. I'm using it and love it.

meindroid, fhill and nahual like this.
  4. Ka

Katsurouu Registered User

One of the newest CPUs is probably the I7 8700k, and it has great performance. As for an SSD I would go for Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB M.2

5. sp

sp00kz Registered User

Since you didn't mention what you are going to be using the PC for, I'll give you the current best price to performance general use PC build.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K
    Link: https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz
    4.2Ghz Base Clock; 4.5Ghz Turbo Clock
    Unlocked (overclockable) 7th Generation, Socket LGA1151, codename Kaby Lake, 14nm Lithography Processor

Motherboard: MSI Z270 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM
    Link: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/Z270-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM/Specification
    ATX Form Factor MicroStar International Motherboard; Intel 1151 Socket; Z270 Chipset; DDR4 Memory; Dual Intel NICs; 802.11ac Wireless;
    * You can use the Processor Intel HD Graphics 630 (Max Res 4096x2304@60Hz) or Purchase your own GPU

Memory: Corsair Vengance 16GB Kit (2x 8Gb)
    Link: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/site-search?searchQuery=CMK16GX4M2A2133C13
    Model: CMK16GX4M2A2133C13
    CAS Latency: 13-15-15-28
    * Native Frequency: 2133MHz XMP 2.0 Clockable to 3000MHz

SSD: 500GB Samsung 960 EVO Series
    Link: https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...ate-drives/ssd-960-evo-m-2-500gb-mz-v6e500bw/
    Model: MZ-V6E500BW
    NVMe M.2 SSD - Currently Fastest Read/Write I/O available on the Market for the price point.

If you need Additional Storage I would stick with Western Digital HDDs, Seagate HDDs have poor manufacturing QA and are prone to failure

The components I have recommended can be used to outfit a Uber Gaming Rig, Video/Photo Editing, or CAD Design. Let us know what you decide, I'm interested to see what you build ;)

7th Gen Kaby Lake Processors (may) work on Z370 Boards / 8th Gen Coffee Lake Processors will NOT work on Z270 Boards and will only work with the new Z370 Chipset Motherboards

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2017
  6. de

delphi_king Registered User

Add Intel Optane, like a SSD too ;P

meindroid, fhill and masivelo like this.
  7. en

enteraja Registered User

watch out intel optane M2SSD
    i see a demo this intel optame faster then generally ssd
    but this intel optane need prosesor Intel Kaby Lake and chipset Intel B250 or Z270
    this spec minimum if you want use intel optane technology

the price intel optane 32GB equal with SSD 240GB.
    but if you want to access large hdd size you need performance you must have intel opatane 32gb running like cache in internal hdd device.

8. H4

H4nZ83 Registered User

wow that was superb speed up..

9. ko

kookoo Registered User

I personally use Samsung EVO Series and boot-up is around 20 sec .
    SSDBoss can help you with the comparison of the choices posted here, I usually find it helpful

http://ssdboss.com/

meindroid and fhill like this.
  10. Ba

Bakemono Registered User

Don't forget to install the latest firmware on your SSD! This is also a mistake that a lot of builders forget and run into performance issues later down the line. If you get a Samsung there are tools to assist in this and can auto check and typically the updates are non-destructive. Only when they have a HUGE bug that they're fixing will it be destructive, but that time has typically past since the evolution of SSDs. I haven't seen a destructive firmware update in awhile.

NVMe are nice, but for the cost it's difficult, ALSO - to do data transfer you'll find it extremely difficult to create it as an external drive vs SATA based with so many options to make it portable.

meindroid and zwyklybanan like this.
  11. H4

H4nZ83 Registered User

if not SSD then go for the HDD with the durability and performance for surveillance, such as seagate SkyHawk or WD Purple, and you can consider a hybrid HDD for now, though the price was quite high, but it deliver the performance and capacity for your need.
    don't forget the cooling system was take into account in building the PC, if you want a silent environment use water cooling system, or extreme one using peltier + water cooling.

the sound card was also take into consideration if you want to build a PC, if you was a music/movie enthusiast then consider buying a good sound card, or choosing the motherboard that has good on-board sound, or can change the on-board sound chips. If for gaming then i think the recent on-board sound card was sufficient enough for your need now.
    And don't forget to get a good speaker to deliver the sound.

that's all from my opinion.

12. QreOS

QreOS Registered User

Hi Johan, i *really* like the supermicro boards. I am using one of their dual socket boards with a couple of used 10 core xeons off ebay to do proof of concept work.
    20 cores and a bunch of ram, a smallish ssd and a 4-6 sata raid0 lets me scale the virtual environment how i want without breaking the bank.
    You also get their out of band management for free, unlike ilo, idrac, imm etc. (Full disclosure, you may want to search for attacks on ipmi depending on where you are using it).
    I put a gtx 1060 off ebay in it and it plays games pretty happily too.

http://ftpw.supermicro.com.tw/products/motherboard/

13. ke

kevin.song Registered User

If money is not considered, I recommend Intel CPU+Intel motherboard+Intel SSD+Sumsung memory

goodylp likes this.
  14. it

itsmaxdd Registered User

It really depends on your needs. Honestly i wouldnt reject AMD completely. Having 8/16 cores is good if you stream or multitask a lot. I use it for programming and with -j16 it really is lightning fast! Anyway RAM can also play a huge role but since the cost is so high i wouldnt recommend to go higher than 3200Mhz

goodylp likes this.