Firefox en-US -- Forbidden Host -- Search Updater

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by omidsolo, May 12, 2019.

1. omidsolo

omidsolo Making B4A Work 4U DEV Guild Reverser

Yesterday I found that Firefox is force installing a Chinese Search Engine on all Firefox locales, even en-US.
    A search revealed that this is quite old, but since they are hiding it from about:addons most people didn't noticed!
    You can find it in about:support > Firefox Features!
    It's extremely unlikely that a non Chinese use a Chinese search engine, that government among with Russia are the leaders of censorship in the world!
    So their search engines are pretty useless for the rest of the world.
    I didn't like that Firefox removed Yahoo! from its search engines and after a while added B a i d u, they say these are not related.
    Firefox was my favorite browser for many years, until yesterday, their market share is near 10% now, and going down, shameful policies.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. loveandtruth77

loveandtruth77 Registered User

thanks for the post dude. i had been a fan of firefox for long time. used chrome but gave up on them coz of these kinda bullshit.

so now its happening to firefox too? so what do you recommend then? i am using firefox esr now. hoping that its safe

3. omidsolo

They claimed there's no security concern, but I prefered to move to Chrome temporarily, although that's not what I like as well.
    I have OCD :: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - and it's severe!
    That causes me to triple check every code I write, every note I arrange, everything I do, even I edit my posts few times for obsession!
    So that's normal for me, but I don't recommend anything, each one has pros and cons, now Chrome has the highest market share ~65% which is a huge difference with others!
    Also, if control panel of your web sites is cPanel, you must use Chrome for its web based File Manager, since Firefox has problems uploading files, kinda bug.
    I will use it for a while and will try to customize it's silly behaviors to match my taste, even if Google spy on us, I prefer it...

4. loveandtruth77

loveandtruth77 Registered User

hey dude ....

thanks for being honest. i have ADHD since birth. only after 30+++yrs of suffering i finally pinned the term ADHD. am struggling with memory issues and hyperactivness etc.

so yeah i get it. OCD is good. unlike your strength, my inattention gets me into trouble (either not checking properly, or getting blindsided with text suddenly appearing out of nowhere)

5. omidsolo

Sorry to hear that, it's not easy but we must all get through it :)

6. AB

ABnormal Registered User

Another link in the chain of despair with FF. 2 weeks? ago all my addons for ESR became unusable due to some signing error. And they banned Dissenter from their store. their attitude towards users sucks. Quantum is the future and you're just going to have to like it. I guess they think that if they get into the Chinese market they'll grow again. Or maybe -- Forbidden Host -- became their new benefactor.

7. omidsolo

The interesting fact is that in China most people use Tencent’s QQ browser, Alibaba’s UC browser and Ba idu’s browser so not enough space for the others, all of them are also very vulnerable! BTW, most of people in China use those unsafe tools, and then, Firefox is going to do a nice show off by removing Yahoo! and including Ba ido! o_O