1. Board4all.biz is a forum where members can share their knowledge and much more - why not become part of our wonderful community thats been around for over 15 years and create an account with us. We have one of the (if not the) best development sections on the internet, especially Delphi. If you have problems registering you can send an email to admin@board4all.biz and we will look into it.

For all those Apple fans out there....

Discussion in 'Fun Stuff' started by Challenger, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Challenger

Challenger is a Trusted Warez PosterChallenger Three Eyed Raven Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser

upload_2017-9-20_14-59-38.png

2. br

brokenscreen Registered User

Very good points, but from someone who switched from an S3/S5 to an iPhone 5S three years back, you're missing one important factor. latest iOS vs old Android. I had two android phones and using a tablet (that I still use) and all of which are stuck using Android 5 and Android 6.0.2. That's one big reason I switch when iOS 7 came out since it supported true mult-tasking from the Palm Pre (webOS days) that both OS copied (not to mention the wireless charging :) Every week there's another security issue with Android and yet a majority are stuck running v6 and older - in fact, 85% of ALL active Android users are running two year software, two year updates. This is according to Android: https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

It's pretty bad, but I'm glad to see Google/Android are working on ways to skip the phone carriers from releasing the updates to Android themselves (like Apple) so that they can push out updates more frequent and over the life of the device with it's latest build 8.0 (oreo build).

Anyway, my point isn't to defend the iPhone as it comes down to preference, price and yes sometimes lack of research in how people decide, but rather to put out there to not think that every Apple iPhone user is simply ignoring the hardware, but don't ignore the software either.

Ph!d, Gary and Challenger like this.