1. Important Notice: ALWAYS login to your account using Board4all.biz - we do not own or run any other websites so please make sure you are connected to our official domain, and that you see the secure connection padlock before entering your login details.

Genesis V4

Discussion in '3D Help Desk' started by RubberDuck, Feb 3, 2016.

1. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

Since I am new to 3D, and loving it so far..
    I see posts about clothing etc for Genesis V4
    Is that for Daz 3D or is Genesis V4 s "General" name.

And the custom items will they work in Daz 3d 4.9 or do I need to go 4.6? (or older?)

2. An

AnonyRU #3 Halloween Winner 2010 V.I.P

LOL :D
    I try to explain... : The first really useble Daz Version was 2. With this version the high rated figure V4 entered the 3d World. Tons of cloths, poses and whatelse was released and the V3 figure dies. After some years they updated to version 3. This was a pity for users, the figures are compatible but not the plugins and users had to pay again:rolleyes:. Some new figures are comeing in these times and so on. For a few years now they released the genesis figure and the Daz 4. In the beginning the most user doesn´t wants to use DS4 coz the User Interface was completely redesigned and - say bullsh***. The greatest diffrence to Ds2/3 was not the Interface. The Genesis figure uses weight maps and for this the most cloths are not more useable. People who baughts tons of clothing couldn´t use it on the new figure. Have to buy again new. Time by time the vendors stopped more and more V4 clothing so what can users do ? They have to accept this politics and ... buy. With step by step updating DS4 genesis 2 comes and the TRIAX geometry comes . They advantage was that the figures comes more detailled. But the meanwhile released clothing converters - Wardrobe Wizard 2 and Crossdresser - which had genesis 1 support becomes from this point nearly useless. But the communitys are not dead and so again time by time third party plugins fluting the scene and makes possible to use in some cases genesis clothing for old figures. Generation X Plugins for example. With these you can transfer the old figure shapes and morphs to genesis figures. At least the genesis 3 figures comes out and stopped using the older cloths from start. Step by step - till today - DAZ offers plugins to use these cloths on Genesis 3. But not to use genesis clothing on the v4 figure. And no V4 option on Genesis 3. The result was that all newer cloth only for Genesis and so they killed older figures Daz Studio versions. Thats the reason why i began to find ways to transform genesis 3/2 clothing to the popular V4 Figure. And i´m not alone. One member here supports the old figures too.
    Now you know whats means "Genesis V4 cloths".

Anony

3. staminkia

staminkia Registered User

hahaha AnonyRU beats me in time ok i'll leave it :)

when you see V4 read it as Victoria 4/Victoria 4.2 where 4 is the 4th generation of characters (Victoria 3 is 3rd etc...)
    it is the best known, still today, character and all its best stuff, imo, is available and growing, As the companion Michael 4 (male figure) and Millenium Kids 4 (teens) they share the same scale rather small as well as their clothing, hair, props, environments.
    This is due to compatability with Poser, the alternative tool to DazStudio. Poser came ways before DazStudio and today reached the 12th version!
    Genesis was created from Daz to breach all these common roots: it has a larger scale, different skeleton (how is is articulated), different all. In quite little time it evolved to Genesis 2 and Genesis 3.

if i'm asked why this rush my answer is some evident improvements, some advantages, mainly business. period. But there's always the other side of the story.

Now if you have eyes to see and compare the stuff created for V4 you'll see some pretty stuff at the cost of little size. When the improved version of Victoria 4 came out (Victoria 4.2) there was stuff around pretty neat. And inspired releases.
    At the time DazStudio version was 2.3, the very same version i keep on using). If you compare the knowledge shown in the post at Daz forum you notice how it regressed to that of users and interface!!!

Genesis came after, it was free with DazStudio - as usual you have to buy the Morphs for the body and the head - and represented an innovation
    The stuff that came around it was initially above average quality but wasn't compatible with V4. The morphs for V4 head couldn't be used anymore (different geometry), the clothes won't conform (different skeleton) but over all it was the scaling.
    To make a long story short my mission is to convert new stuff for V4 and the ratio i use to downscale a hyper-detailed Genesis 3 hair is 0.099, you know

The Iray is the last bell-and-ball(s) thing to attract customers and it looks great indeed. Although this time i believe they did go too far with the install option.

to-be-continued (if you want me to)

4. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

I like stories... was very informative.

I am playing with some things right now, and didn't know that most things we're showing under Poser, rather then Daz 3d.
    Plus i needed to scan, learning here little by little :)