1. We are not accepting any new account registrations at this time.

Helixoft VSdocman v9.3 (could someone check my work please)

Discussion in 'Request Applications / Software' started by keyser soze, Sep 13, 2019 at 01:01.

1. keyser soze

keyser soze Registered User

This is not a patch request.
    This is a patch check request.
    See item 10 below.

1. APPLICATION NAME
    VSdocman - Visual Studio documentation generator and .NET code commenter

2. HOMEPAGE
    https://www.helixoft.com/vsdocman/overview.html
    changes:
    https://www.helixoft.com/vsdocman/release-notes.html

3. DESCRIPTION
    VSdocman is an ultimate, fast and easy to use .NET documenting tool for every Visual Studio C# and VB developer.
    • Document your .NET code on a professional level.
    • Generate comprehensive MSDN-style class documentation for your C# and Visual Basic .NET projects, with custom topics,IntelliSense and F1 context sensitive help.
    • See how easy the code commenting with XML doc comments can be with powerful comment templates and sophisticatedWYSIWYG comment editor.
    [​IMG]
    VSdocman - a .NET documentation compiler - is directly integrated in Visual Studio so it will assist you with complete process of creating a documentation. This includes intelligent semi-automatic commenting of your code elements, creating additional topics (non-API reference) and generating and deploying the documentation.
    Based on your settings, VSdocman scans a VS project or a solution, and then it generates the final documentation. It automatically reads namespaces, types and their members. Summary, remarks, parameter descriptions and other content are extracted from XML documentation comments in your code (those that start with /// or '''). The tool will boost your productivity no matter whether you create a class library, a component, a control, an application, a web site (ASP .NET) or any other C#/VB project type.

4. OS PLATFORM
    Windows 7/8/10 x86/x64

5. LANGUAGE
    english

6. DOWNLOAD LINK
    https://www.helixoft.com/common/product-downloads.html
    https://www.helixoft.com/files/vsdocman/vsdocman_9_3_setup.zip

7. PROTECTION/COMPILER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. REGISTRATION METHOD
    Same method as the existing patched version, a name/key pair. The existing patch is such that any name may be provided.

9. LIMITATIONS
    • 14 day trial period
    • a warning message is displayed every time a new documentation is being compiled
    • you are not allowed to distribute generated documentation
    • a "watermark" text is inserted in generated documentation after the trial period expires

I presume that after the trial period, the program simply ceases to work.

10. COMMENTS
    I tried to patch it following this and this.
    1st I decompiled the original and patched dll using .NET Reflector. That gave me the source code for both, which I compared with BeyondCompare. Then I could see that only 2 classes changed, and only 3 functions in total. Then I opened the dll with dnSpy, and replaced the instructions of the changed methods by simple humble lambdas that return true. :)
    When saving the dll, I only changed this:
    [​IMG]

And here is the patched file:

Hidden Content:
    [HIDDEN CONTENT]
    It this ok?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2019 at 03:46
    4 people like this.
  2. Sir.Dev.A.Lot

Sir.Dev.A.Lot is a Trusted Warez PosterSir.Dev.A.Lot Shadow Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Reverser Translator

I put the post in a HTC of 50, just to protect your work from third non-authorized parties...

4 people like this.
  3. Com Puer

Com Puer Registered User Board4All Friend

@Sir.Dev.A.Lot i think minimum requirement HTC=200 instead of HTC=50 to stop spamming and non authorized parties.

Sorry for my bad suggestions.

1 person likes this.