1. Account registrations are now closed.

Hello friends i'm new and so confuse which is best to start Unity3d or Unreal engine

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by talha, Oct 13, 2018.

1. ta

talha Registered User

Hello friends how are you i just hope that you all fine so finally i start my game development journey but i search a lot about which engine is best to make games for android platform but everywhere same answer " both are good " but i want one which is better than other one so please get rid of me from this confusion.i hope you guys will help me to solve my confusion.

2. Mavrick

Mavrick Registered User Reverser

Welcome aboard :)

I've not tried Unreal! I guess both have their pro's and con's, but just have to look on here for the amount resources there are for Unity :D That might swing it for you lol

3. Magni The Bison

Magni The Bison is a Trusted Warez PosterMagni The Bison Honorary Member Honorary Member V.I.P DEV Guild Reverser

Unity .

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  4. Dylanchill

Dylanchill Registered User

It really depends on what kind of game you are going to make: 3D or 2D? PC or Mobile?
    I'm not that familiar with Unity 5, so I don't have much to say.

Unity
    Both engines represent a sweet spot between ease of use and power. I still think that, you should start with Unity if you are going to make mobile games. Unity has more tutorials and bigger asset store for beginners, also learning C# and JavaScript is easy. Unity is typically also offering better workflow and a more polished end product when you are making 2D games.

Unreal Engine 4
    Unreal Engine is more powerful game engine. Unreal uses C++ and blueprints, and offers more impressive range of visual effects and graphical features, but after watching new features of Unity 2018, I think Unity has some good graphical features too. Mobile games created with Unreal Engine are larger than those created with Unity and require higher system specs. You don't need high-end visual effects or the most-cutting edge graphics for mobile game.

Endgame
    Choose Unity for mobile games. Switch to Unreal Engine when you want start developing PC and Console games.