1. We are not accepting any new account registrations at this time - watch out for announcements on Discord.

I need Mission Impossible staff: video can be plays only once

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FriendOfGhost, Feb 1, 2019.

1. FriendOfGhost

FriendOfGhost is a Trusted Warez PosterFriendOfGhost Registered User

Hi folks,

I need a video that can be played only once, then corrupts or destroys itself.

I can be installed on usb stick, memorycard or whatever, can be played with special player... But it must be played only once. Otherwise it should not be distributed multiple times.

Any suggestions ?

2. Sir.Dev.A.Lot

Sir.Dev.A.Lot is a Trusted Warez PosterSir.Dev.A.Lot Shadow Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Reverser Translator

at first sight, some tips...

1. play it from a URL, with the Server you get the IP and other information.
    1.1 second time the same person plays it compare your gathered information, and play a corrupted video or show what you need to the user

just my 0.0000000000000000001 cents

3. FriendOfGhost

can't do because they can record screen. I can also achieve same thing using one time password in video hosting script and then deleting video but that's not what I want. I need complete copy-proof and one-time-only video, maybe something like:

http://www.drmsoft.com/Cross-Platform-Video-Encrypter.asp

4. ogrishman

ogrishman Registered User

If recording screen is possible, then this task is truly impossible.

5. FriendOfGhost

The application on my link above prevents screen recording.

regarding screen recording option I'm still open to suggestions.

6. ogrishman

ogrishman Registered User

If they really want your video, they can use a physical camera to record it.

7. Rekkio

Rekkio Registered User Reverser

You can't make the video self-destruct nor really protect it.
    • If you make it delete itself, the user could make a copy of it somewhere safe and restore it.
    • If you use a DRM / Watchdog to monitor recording activity the user could still use a VM / physical recording device. With a physical recording device, you intercept the video stream with a separate hardware unit, no activity seen on the computer.
    • If you detect VMs (Virtual Machine) physical devices can still be used. If you restrict your video to only play on a laptop's internal display you will still not be able to prevent Desktops from doing so, since they require external displays to work (and e.g. laptop users with broken screens).
    • If you stream the video online (and even with a special player) the user cans still record the stream with physical video & audio recorders.
    Trying to protect your video from being played more than once / restrict it is a lost battle.
    If the user's eye cans see it, then a recording device cans see it as well.

And anyway users would still be able to replay your video in their mind, since it will be in their memory.
    So even then, a video / audio stream cannot be protected.

The only thing you can do is watermark your works per user so you know exactly who redistributed it.
    And still then, the watermarks must be able to be recognized visually / by hearing it to mitigate camcording.