i7 8700k or AMD Ryzen 2700X

Discussion in 'HW Helpdesk' started by Challenger, Aug 3, 2018.

1. so

sonicdx1 Registered User

i7 8700k trust me i am using it

mamamija likes this.
  2. Te

TechLord Registered User

Intel all the way. Had used AMD in the past to save a few bucks but if you need top notch performance and reliability, then Intel is the way to go. For general use, both are fine though.

3. SN

SN1000 Registered User

It all comes down to the budget!

mamamija and deimta like this.
  4. Sk

Skilz Registered User

Don't forget about the new Ryzen 3000 series arriving in early 2019

As others have mentioned pay special attention to the clock rates - I run a ryzen 1600 and its clock rate make things feel sluggish at times

5. porlan

porlan Registered User

Personally I think the Ryzen is better, you get the better rendering performance. Plus I'm pretty sure the Ryzen is cheaper which makes it even better.

6. deimta likes this.
  7. TombRaider

TombRaider Registered User

I have used Intel and AMD both Intel is good for heavy workload but when it comes to Rendering and 3D, AMD is more better.

One of my friend was having Dell system with i5 and 8GB of ram and was using Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Corel for 4 color work and designing he has one huge file which used to take 1 hr just to open that file and if he copy and pate any content from one page to other it again the same. I suggested him for borrow new system from someone to check. He borrowed from his friend the same i5 config and the things were the same he told me to suggest some new system and told him to buy AMD FX 8250 and that same file was now opening in just 20 sec with 4 GB of ram.

8. ratmiras

ratmiras Registered User

If you are on budget then yeah ryzen would be your dessicion , but if you have enough money to spend i prefer intel.

9. Seven Fool

Seven Fool Registered User

Why don't you just get a GPU? I own both Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen CPU for mining and also for rendering. I do a lot of rendering for video work and it's faster with a GPU, even a 1050ti is fine. NVIDIA GPU + Ryzen is my choice.

10. ti

tiebird Registered User

In my opinion and considering your use case (rendering/photoshop) ryzen would be the way to go. The multithreaded performance will be a lot better. I would also consider the 1920x/1950x for these use case because of the low prices. You can always upgrade in 1-2 years if you want to.

11. ti

tiebird Registered User

I do not completely agree with the GPU side of things. It will depend heavily on the software and the workflow. GPU is important for Viewport rendering and to some extend Photoshop effects

12. do

dougr944 Registered User

I came here to say the same thing as sachinaut. If peak gaming performance were your desire, I'd go 8700K, but the 2700x is better at many threads.

I ended up w/ 8700k simply because I got my gear at 30% discount... I even refused to purchase it at first because I thought it was stolen.

13. Re

Renadian A Registered User

8700K is better Ryzen 7 2700X for gaming. But rendering would be better with Ryzen 7 2700X..