1. Account registrations are now closed.

Loft Apartment install in Daz 3d how?

Discussion in '3D Help Desk' started by RubberDuck, Feb 1, 2016.

1. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

I followed the readme file inside, but I can't get it to show in my library according to the file.

I have a Daz 3d 4.9 Library folder in my Documents, and there is one in the Public/Documents folder. (which seems to be used for all the downloads)

I copied in both, but nothing is showing.
    Did a library refresh, but nada...

What am I missing here?

2. staminkia

staminkia Registered User

hi RubberDuck, first something about DS4.9 you might like to know

Code:
    https://www.board4allcz.eu/showthread.php?t=612833&p=1143538&viewfull=1#post1143538
    regard that product if you read at renderosity you see are mentioned both DStudio 3 and DStudio4 (read 4.0 / 4.1) - now the problem you have is a matter of formats: i didn't open the "Loft Apartment" but i bet it has a .cr2 or .pp2 (respectively Figure or Prop)
    while DStudio 4.9 expects a .duf format. The period which the product refers is when DStudio still worked either with cr2/pp2 and its proprietary format .dsf

Eventually the scale of Loft Apartment is too small for the Genesis 2/3 character (just 9%!!!)

All this mess happens since years: Poser vs DAZ that "invents" a proprietary format at the minute ( DS 1.8-DS 3: .daz, DS 4.0: .dsf, DS 4.5-DS 4.9: .duf )

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

Good to know. Thanks :)

I downloaded tons of stuff with their downloader, so I guess I am kinda stuck with it..
    I'll have to dig deeper and see if i can find something around that.