1. Important Notice: ALWAYS login to your account using Board4all.biz - we do not own or run any other websites so please make sure you are connected to our official domain, and that you see the secure connection padlock before entering your login details.

Loft Apartment install in Daz 3d how?

Discussion in '3D Help Desk' started by RubberDuck, Feb 1, 2016.

1. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

I followed the readme file inside, but I can't get it to show in my library according to the file.

I have a Daz 3d 4.9 Library folder in my Documents, and there is one in the Public/Documents folder. (which seems to be used for all the downloads)

I copied in both, but nothing is showing.
    Did a library refresh, but nada...

What am I missing here?

2. staminkia

staminkia Registered User

hi RubberDuck, first something about DS4.9 you might like to know

Code:
    https://www.board4allcz.eu/showthread.php?t=612833&p=1143538&viewfull=1#post1143538
    regard that product if you read at renderosity you see are mentioned both DStudio 3 and DStudio4 (read 4.0 / 4.1) - now the problem you have is a matter of formats: i didn't open the "Loft Apartment" but i bet it has a .cr2 or .pp2 (respectively Figure or Prop)
    while DStudio 4.9 expects a .duf format. The period which the product refers is when DStudio still worked either with cr2/pp2 and its proprietary format .dsf

Eventually the scale of Loft Apartment is too small for the Genesis 2/3 character (just 9%!!!)

All this mess happens since years: Poser vs DAZ that "invents" a proprietary format at the minute ( DS 1.8-DS 3: .daz, DS 4.0: .dsf, DS 4.5-DS 4.9: .duf )

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

Good to know. Thanks :)

I downloaded tons of stuff with their downloader, so I guess I am kinda stuck with it..
    I'll have to dig deeper and see if i can find something around that.