1. Board4all.biz is a forum where members can share their knowledge and much more - why not become part of our wonderful community thats been around for over 15 years and create an account with us. We have one of the (if not the) best development sections on the internet, especially Delphi. If you have problems registering you can send an email to admin@board4all.biz and we will look into it.

Source Code LookDB - Automatic Generator View & Edit DataBase on MySQL or other db

Discussion in 'VB6/ActiveX' started by petbang, Nov 2, 2017.

1. petbang

petbang Registered User

Hello, I am new to the forum. I hope you like this application, it is very useful for all those interested in connecting with a database in mysql or similar. It works very fast and is highly configurable from the file 'config.ini'. You only have to change the following data:

Code:
    [SERVIDOR] #SERVICIO DE DATOS -----------------
    IP=192.168.0.11
    USUARIO=demo
    PASSWORD=demo
    PUERTO=3306
    Contains activeX (I have your source code, I'll upload them if you like the app):
    -MetroBoton.ocx (Generates more visual buttons)
    -PrintRecordset.dll (Prints quickly and easily)
    -xFrame_v1.ocx (An improved frame design)

The code is commented in English / Spanish, I'm doing another version that opens all the tables (detected automatically from the source) in the same program or window. It also creates the form automatically just like this but detects each field (combo, items, data, etc).

If you like to upload the program and others I have facts.

Thank you! Enjoy!

[PetBANG]

Preview:
    https://i.imgur.com/X1EIbd0.gifv

Download:
    Hidden Content:
    [HIDDEN CONTENT]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2017
    Youpi, Gianni, glionying and 24 others like this.
  2. zu

zuhriahamed Registered User

Hello friend... seems to be nice try. I would like to know, is this can be used with SQLCE file, coz I need to use SQLCE for Client/Server software development. Please tell me if its possible, where i have to change the code...

duclt2002 and Mario guerra like this.
  3. petbang

petbang Registered User

1. Type 'odbcad32' in command pront o from the taskbar.
    2. Make sure you have the engine installed and correctly configured as user's DNS.
    3. Inside the file 'data.ini' substitute the string for your engine:

[SYSTEM] #CONFIGURATION OF THE SYSTEM -----------------
    DRIVER = MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver

You can change the entire line to the correct one from the ConfiguratorINI module. Search and change for your connection string:

Example:
    ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.MOBILE.OLEDB.3.0;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.1\SDK\Samples\Northwind.sdf"

More help:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...9a71ef34e1f5/sql-compact-with-vb6?forum=sqlce

*LookDB is only demostration, there is still a lot of work, I hope it helps.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    duclt2002 and Mario guerra like this.