1. Duplicate accounts are absolutely forbidden on our forum! - One person, one account. We have an automated detection system in place, you will be automatically banned or restricted with all Likes removed - no second chances!

Most difficult software protection?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by meetgordon, Jan 22, 2019.

1. meetgordon

meetgordon Registered User

please share your views.

2. taos666

taos666 Registered User Reverser

A good price with a good customers support.

Challenger likes this.
  3. De

DevWin Registered User

Safengine, probably not known as the other popular protection software, but my app isn't cracked for the past 7 years, while there was many, many attempts.
    I'm using NetLicensor with online license confirmation, it is sometimes annoying if the client change machine configuration, hardware id is changed in 99% cases and i need rebuild license, but it is worth!

4. ka

kafki Registered User

Online license server. That`s why most of the software companies now migrated to Subscription plans. Everything is going cloud now.

5. Uknow007

Uknow007 Registered User

Indeed, very true cuz even softwares like IDA gets leaked & Protections like VMProtect, Denuvo gets cracked. But if you have a reasonable price then people will definitely buy.

6. LongJohnDingDong

LongJohnDingDong Registered User

Latest SimCIty was tough as some of its functions were hidden behind servers (then they gave up forcing ppl to be connected to servers all the time and voila! Game got cracked in no time).

In near future these kind of protections will be hard to bypass without proper emulation.

7. SystemShock

SystemShock Registered User

Imagine when games inevitably become a cloud/stream service, with nothing touching the disk. There will be literally nothing to crack anymore.

8. Stingered

Stingered Registered User Reverser

Uh... Cloud/stream service is just a bunch of servers with streaming data. Stream can be cracked and edited now with games. What difference with "cloud" label?

9. SystemShock

SystemShock Registered User

So services like Google Project Stream could be cracked?

10. Stingered

Stingered Registered User Reverser

Here's one thing that I believe to be true. Any software can be cracked, given time and effort. The real question is if it's worth it. I play several online games over the years - all I have played have been cracked, some form. The client-server stream circumvented and bypassed. Eventually there may be something that is full-proof. Who can say for certain. But I have come to believe that nothing is.

11. omidsolo

omidsolo Making B4A Work 4U DEV Guild Reverser

One of the best protections in the industry is eLicenser, Cubase is always using it as long as I remember it, its x86 full version just got cracked once by Team Air many years ago, and never got cracked again! Recently Studio version (half features disabled) got cracked, and some elements (most features disabled) which do not worth to try, crack is full of bugs. BTW eLicenser is in 2 forms: Soft eLicenser and Hard Dongle Model.