1. Important Notice: ALWAYS login to your account using Board4all.biz - we do not own or run any other websites so please make sure you are connected to our official domain, and that you see the secure connection padlock before entering your login details.

New Keyboard?

Discussion in 'HW Helpdesk' started by Mavrick, May 6, 2017.

1. surya dev

surya dev Registered User

Everything depends on your budget & , you can get the best even in low cost with soft key press. But what ever it you may get only 1year warranty only. Logitech has hard key press with tick tick noise, Microsoft is somewhat better, Zebronics many r available in market. I preferred HP then Microsoft
    Please check this link
    https://www.quiethomelab.com/best-quiet-keyboards/

meindroid likes this.
  2. Firnix

Firnix Registered User

I have gone through this myself trying so many mechanical keyboards. The one I am absolutely in love with is the Input Club K-Type (got it on Massdrop, should check them out they do lots of keyboard stuff).

It is very pricey, but it has so many great things about it: RGB (who doesn't love that), Aluminium & Acrylic chassis, Swap-able switches (no need to solder, can try any switch you want), completely programmable.

You can see more about it here: https://input.club/k-type/
    However, it may not be available again because of some drama between Massdrop and Input Club during their collab. Fortunately, you can find many other models that Input Club and even Massdrop are making that are very very similar to this keyboard (some even better).

Finally, a wonderful resource to look at the different type of mechanical switches can be found here too: https://input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/
    It has great graphs of force vs travel distance and really goes into detail about the different types of Cherry MX switches and the other brands too.

Personally, my favorite switch (I've tried all the Cherrys and other manufacturers too) is the Input Club's Halo Trues. Again, this switch might be unavailable because of said fallout between Massdrop and Input Club, but it is a mechanical switch that tries to be more like the Topre switches - and its fantastic for me. There is another version like this switch available that is basically the same thing (they say its even slightly improved) and its called the Input Club Hako Trues (because the Halo Trues are unavailable now).

Hope this helps some!

3. hensy

hensy Registered User

If you love to free your hands posture, maybe could consider this kind of keyboard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These 2 types of split keyboards are made by a company in Shanghai. There're other few manufacture in US.

4. li

lifeform Registered User

jipo likes this.