1. Important Notice: ALWAYS login to your account using Board4all.biz - we do not own or run any other websites so please make sure you are connected to our official domain, and that you see the secure connection padlock before entering your login details.

Rendering settings? (was: How long does it take?_

Discussion in '3D Help Desk' started by RubberDuck, Feb 21, 2016.

1. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

Rendering my 1st Image in Daz 3D, but man......
    How long does a render take?

5% done in 31 minutes...

Is this for real?? Have a Very fast Laptop I7 3.6 Ghz Quad. Nvidia 670MX and 24 Gb Ram.

With this speed and 20-25 images to do... I might be dead...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Luisgg likes this.
  2. Challenger

Challenger is a Trusted Warez PosterChallenger Three Eyed Raven Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser

Noo, don't say that, we'd miss you!

Luisgg likes this.
  3. Markat

Markat is a Trusted Warez PosterMarkat P.I.T.A. Staff Member Administrator B4A Designer

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazstudio/reference/render_speed

http://www.daz3d.com/render-throttle-for-daz-studio

Luisgg likes this.
  4. RubberDuck

RubberDuck is a Trusted Warez PosterRubberDuck Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild Translator

Thanks Markat.

Program looks interesting

Luisgg likes this.
  5. An

AnonyRU #3 Halloween Winner 2010 V.I.P

i will try to give you some support. Before, i´m far, far away from an "expert rank" - lets say "advanced" so i make mistakes. I use the PC in my Sound Studio. This machine is a hexcore station with 12 virtual cpu´s and 64gb ram. The grafic card is an simple Radeon HD6670 - nothing special. Iray i can´t use, its Nvidia required. With such cpu power i need normally 8 - 15 min for an render. Look the renders in my gallery and think its good or not (good enough). I choose mainly for the render resolution 1920x1600 or sometimes 1600x1200. Greater makes no sense (for me). If a render tooks more time than another is mainly related to some hair items. More hair details are time consuming. The same happens with some light presets , eg. Uberenvironments. Such Hairs and Lights stretches the rendertime extremly. For the first steps try simple hairs , 1024x720 rendersettings and simple lights. Step by step you get more training and you can experimentate with higher settings.

Anony

Luisgg likes this.
  6. RubberDuck

Well, it seems I had m GPU disabled.. so it goes a lot faster now, but it locked up on me..
    But I was watching some videos, DAZ 4.6 and the render training video, they show options that I cannot find in Daz 4.9
    Like the Head and you can select 5 settings for the quality.
    I cannot get that to show like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wMiSGXtqw at the end of the video

Luisgg likes this.
  7. Jar

Jar is a Trusted Warez PosterJar Fisherman Honorary Member DEV Guild Reverser Translator

A long time ago that i do not "play" with this ...
    Some years ago i use Maya (still silicon graphics), to render a simple scene (without physics of real light) and took almost a day. Today's computers are much more powerful but still a rendering can take several days. This problem can be solved with this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_farm

Luisgg likes this.
  8. RubberDuck

Ended up 20 min, with the items enabled.
    Doesn't look bad at all, but missing all the lightning..
    Not quiet sure why, since it's all enabled.. :/

Luisgg likes this.
  9. Ph!d

Ph!d is a Trusted Warez PosterPh!d Board Protector Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser Translator

Are you sure lights are on?
    Here how to check them:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's pretty straightforward once you do it more than once :)

PS. Sorry... I couldn't resist making a joke on it :p

Luisgg likes this.
  10. RubberDuck

LOL

Nah

Had to use the 3Delight and then it's superfast, but the quality sucks..
    With Iray the picture is awesome, but missing the light effect.

Iray = https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eswhp0te3eukg0/test 1.png?dl=0
    3Dl = https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tpk3ai58n3fxty/test 4.png?dl=0

For Iray, I had to disable Dome but then the whole image is dark. and only takes a second. (According to their forum)
    Since Iray has automatic lightning etc.. but there are settings that you can change.

the 3DL, looks kinda funky since on the left it's not suppose to be dark, but just dimmed so need to play with that
    but the quality doesn't look that great after seeing the Iray image.

Tried Adding a Dome to the image, but then I see a Dome and nothing else. lol.

Luisgg likes this.