1. Board4all.biz is a forum where members can share their knowledge and much more - why not become part of our wonderful community thats been around for over 15 years and create an account. We have one of the (if not the) best Delphi development section on the internet. If you have problems registering you can send an email to admin@board4all.biz and we will look into it.

Skype Warning!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Challenger, Jun 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Challenger

Challenger is a Trusted Warez PosterChallenger Three Eyed Raven Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser

Today I had a randomly added contact called Skype added to my Contacts, so I checked this over and its being rolled out automatically.

Its a BOT that gains access to all your contacts, Name, Chat Logs etc. - this is a good reason as any to stop using Skype, I have removed it from friends but cant check if its still monitoring.

[​IMG]

Code:
    https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34611/why-do-i-have-a-skype-contact-in-my-contact-list

2. Baghwan

Baghwan DEV Guild Member DEV Guild

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/11/skype-ten-microsoft-nsa

3. Challenger

Challenger is a Trusted Warez PosterChallenger Three Eyed Raven Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser

Thanks Baghwan, it gets worse.

:thumbup:

4. Baghwan

Baghwan DEV Guild Member DEV Guild

Facebook , Google , Skype etc are doing -predictive profiling - even citizens .Thats why I never used it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Markat

Markat is a Trusted Warez PosterMarkat P.I.T.A. Staff Member Administrator B4A Designer

See, this is why I refused to use Skype! :rolleyes:

6. ca

cacompguy Registered User

I doubt if anything is safe these days:rolleyes:

7. bar669

bar669 is a Trusted Warez Posterbar669 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator DEV Guild

The Android philosophy is playing very well at Microsoft, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter .... Programs that limit Windows 10 spying from Microsoft, have already announced future updates to remove Skype contacts suspicious. This is the Big Data Spy problem.

8. Challenger

Well I use (or should I say used) Skype as a secondary business line (bought a phone number etc), but after this I will be closing it down.

I don't have anything to hide on it, I dont discuss anything to do with reversing etc., but I should be given the choice to have this bot installed and to have it monitor my activity or not..

9. Ph!d

Ph!d is a Trusted Warez PosterPh!d Board Protector Staff Member Administrator DEV Guild Reverser Translator

Interesting... I haven't used skype that much lately and I fired up the app today and don't see such contact.
    Tested only with iOS app thought.

10. Challenger

Yeah was at my friends today, one had it and the other didnt, but as far as Ive read, they are still rolling it out.