1. Duplicate accounts are absolutely forbidden on our forum! - One person, one account. We have an automated detection system in place, you will be automatically banned or restricted with all Likes removed - no second chances!

swap GTX 1070 to RTX 2070 ?

Discussion in 'HW Helpdesk' started by Summer, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Su

Summer Registered User

Is there any reason to swap GTX 1070 to RTX 2070 ?

Regards.

Highbreed and Eugen986 like this.
  2. WarezNet

WarezNet Registered User

NO! RTX is Dead On Arrival. Even with the RTX 2080 TI you cant run games with RTX enabled at 1440P.

RTX isn't even usable at 1080P on a 2070.

Stick with what you have for as long as you can.

RTX is most likely the future of computer graphics but the chances of us getting it at playable framerates at decent resolutions in even the next gen is tiny.

If you can pick up a 1080 TI at a decent price then go for it.

Highbreed, Eugen986 and Summer like this.
  3. omidsolo

omidsolo Making B4A Work 4U Reverser

2 of my friends got their 20 series cards damaged less than a month or so! It seems the series has a bug in the structure! Beside that, there's no real Ray Tracing content to play now! The best buy at this time is 1080TI, best is Asus STRIX ROG and keep it as long as you can... You should wait at least one year and skip 20 series at least, even if you stick to your 1070. So forget about it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. be

beattlekid Registered User

not much game supporting new 20 series of Nvidia so you should keep using 1070 for more than year

Highbreed likes this.
  5. Warax

Warax Honorary Member Honorary Member V.I.P DEV Guild

I know this is an old post but if you still did not bought a card then dont nVidia just want to get the money in your pocket . even now they announce a confused series called 11x without the RTX, just to compete with AMD. AMD just announced from few days VII card similar in performance to 2080 at $700 so not very cheap however if I were you I would wait a little and see next AMD cards how they perform/priced from some reviews.

Summer likes this.