System Drive Backup

Discussion in 'SW Helpdesk' started by Ejii, May 9, 2019.

1. Ej

Ejii Registered User

2. omidsolo

omidsolo Making B4A Work 4U DEV Guild Reverser

I've always used C as a system only drive with no any kind of personal files inside, C is only for Windows, drivers and applications.
    D is a small drive for making the image of C on it, then the rest of HDD/SSD belongs to E, that's my method: C: 70GB D: 30GB E: ~850GB
    Using TrueImage, I need to restore on a weekly basis! But backup is created on a quarterly basis!
    And never used a cloud backup, I'm not a fan of cloud services at all, I prefer to have my data in my hands rather than in the clouds!
    Although network speed is fast, but my backup images are around ~10 ~12 GB.
    My SSD restores a whole 40GB drive less than 2 minutes.
    Cloud takes much longer and that's what I hate!

QreOS likes this.
  3. Qr

QreOS Registered User

+1 for omidsolo. Restore vs rebuild of C isn't about data loss, just time spent/stable outcome.
    Using the above design, you can also move logs/av install and other high change data files that don't need to be protected to D.
    This will reduce your backup diffs by a surprisingly large amount, saving space/bandwidth if you replicate offsite.

4. DelphiForever

DelphiForever Registered User

My C: drive contains no "user files" they all go on my D: drive and it gets backed up nightly to a local NAS and that gets backed up weekly to iDrive.

5. Warax

Warax Honorary Member Honorary Member V.I.P DEV Guild

You need to do it. With incremental backup you save space and how often it depend on your usage and the importance of your files