1. Important Notice: ALWAYS login to your account using Board4all.biz - we do not own or run any other websites so please make sure you are connected to our official domain, and that you see the secure connection padlock before entering your login details.

What's a better way to create portable programs?

Discussion in 'SW Helpdesk' started by XiZiX, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Xi

XiZiX Registered User

For those that have created portable programs from regular programs, what additional software will allow me to easily create them?

I have all the Anthropics Technology software's that I legit purchased, including Portrait Pro v17, and BodyPro and I want to make portable copies since they only offer one computer licenses.

Thanks for any info or guides on how to do this.

Yeroshei Cruo likes this.
  2. dr

drunkenmyno Registered User

I would say if your coding Programs compile them as Static and all libarys should be inside your Application. Settings & Updates can be loaded over an Server Request..

3. Wonderman

Wonderman is a Trusted Warez PosterWonderman DEV Guild Member DEV Guild

Use Turbo Spoon formerly known as Xenocode software for creating portable apps from your applications.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Yeroshei Cruo, Ph!d and XiZiX like this.
  4. Er

ErRober Registered User

If you want to virtualize Windows applications, you can use Cameyo. It has a free version available for download through their company website.

Yeroshei Cruo, Wonderman and dimsum like this.
  5. ro

roadrunner89 Registered User

You may use Portable apps, there are already a lot of ready portable apps.
    Also you can make your portable apps without coding.

Code:
    https://portableapps.com/development

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
  6. JonArbuckle

JonArbuckle Registered User Reverser

But why making portable version from antrophics software? It runs only on that pc where activated it (hardware and onlinecheck). You can't "move" it to another computer.

I prefer nsis for creating portables.

7. Ye

Yeroshei Cruo Registered User

For heavy-duty software, I use portable virtual machines! I have several of these, on free VMware Player, that I keep on external HDD. One is for graphic design with complete Corel Draw installation, another is for network testing, yet another with a bunch of accounting software and an old MS Office 2003 which is more compatible with older DB software than newer versions... I simply plug the HDD to one of my 3 computers, and voila. All you need is a VMware Player everywhere.

Bakemono likes this.
  8. Ba

Bakemono Registered User

Plus the added benefit of easy backup copies. Your biggest concern would be to shrink the vm down as much as possible to make it truly portable. Is it portable for you in a sense that you're on different machines but can only install it on one? Or trying to circumvent the licensing model and permit many to use it?

The latter model would require more thinking, and depending on the way the software checks for the license (based on MAC, SID, etc).

9. Ye

This is the way I see it, regarding licensed SW on VMs:

1) For the licensing purposes, virtual machine is considered to be a computer.
    2) There already are portable computers - laptops and notebooks where you can carry the licensed software around :). So there is no problem for a license to be "portable".
    3) If you are carrying a virtual machine (with your licensed software) on a USB flash drive or an external hard disk, it is in no practical ways different from carrying a laptop around.
    4) If you are still the only user, i.e. you are not breaking the license terms regarding the number of users allowed, the last problem vanishes from radar.

10. sr

srki Registered User

Another way to make it "portable" is to remotely connect to the server computer that have program installed (RDC, VNC, TeamViewer, Ammyy,...). Downside is that you need network connection, server must be running and no one can use it when you are connected to it... but this solution requires minimal changes.

11. Ye

I guess we all use these remote solutions, too. Although if you are running a server OS, other people can use it if you are connected to it, at least via RDC. I heard there are ways to use client OSes remotely in parallel with other users, but that requires a modification of some system files.

12. za

zadeora Registered User

U can use any one of these programs some are paid though
    Thinapp
    xenocode
    boxedapp
    FilePacker

13. SNIGDHA

SNIGDHA Registered User

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    CyberKnight and Yeroshei Cruo like this.
  14. Ye

CyberKnight and SNIGDHA like this.
  15. SNIGDHA

SNIGDHA Registered User

U R WELCOME @Yeroshei Cruo . CHECK VIDEO TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE TO MAKE PORTABLE APP.

CyberKnight and Yeroshei Cruo like this.
  16. GlacialMan

GlacialMan Registered User

Are you interested in a community where portable applications, repacks and skilled/focused users are freely available?

On this place users are free, not obligated to do something, they can simply observe and get what they like.
    On this place users can learn about making portables/repacks and find everything needed, without wasting time.
    Each user can teach and learn, thanks to the cooperation in development and refining.
    Each user can work on templates and projects that can be freely used everywhere.
    This place is not a blog or a forum like many others, it's a neutral and independent meeting location, opened to any interested person.
    Our mission is encouraging the interaction between users and supporting their needs.
    On this place, you can meet other skilled users (the best players that, probably, you already know) and interact with them, via public or private chats.

We use English language, on the Discord's platform, to communicate (translation tools can be used):
    https://discordapp.com/features
    Discord is very secure and flexible, the registration is quick and simple:
    Username, Password and E-Mail are needed only for Discord
    Cross-platform available:
    you can use a web browser or the official application (for Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS) or an unofficial Portable version, that you can find on Board4All

If you are interested, I can send you a quick start guide, so, please contact me by private message.

Approved by Challenger 28/01/2018
    https://www.board4all.biz/threads/portables-and-repacks-workbench.699020/

17. sa

sachinaut Registered User

Days of portable apps are gone, they still need host to execute code. You should look into either docker containers or virtual machines, this way ported apps can run on any system in future like windows apps can run on linux. Moreover to port them this way you need to disturb the code which portable conversion tools does. Although in virtual machine overhead of operating system will be there.

18. GlacialMan

GlacialMan Registered User

I agree, infact, we also work on other formats (Virtual-App, customized PAF, Go, scripting, mix of techniques, etc). According to us, unfortunately, PAF is obsolete.