1. We are not accepting any new account registrations at this time - watch out for announcements on Discord.

Why is RapidGator used so much on this site?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dave Alis, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Dave Alis

Dave Alis Registered User

Why do so many posters use RapidGator on this site, which greatly limits download speed, # of simultaneous downloads, etc.? There are so many other free download sites to use, but RG seems to be used very often (and by my experience) very often with multi-part downloads. In that case it often takes 24 hours or longer to download a 4-6 part file.

I've posted stuff here before using DailyUpload which is better from a download speed standpoint, and I've also had great success downloading from MEGA which has the brower-buffered download method and I can get easiy 5+ megs a second download speed.

But still lots of people use RG and they cap at 50 kb/s and most often can't even solidly maintain that speed.

Thoughts??

2. N3XT1NL1N3

N3XT1NL1N3 Registered User

maybe to make money?

3. Dave Alis

HMMM... That's interesting because I >NEVER< click on any ads on the download sites... Not sure how they're making money from RG when so few people would click on any clickbait

4. Magni The Bison

Magni The Bison is a Trusted Warez PosterMagni The Bison Honorary Member Honorary Member V.I.P DEV Guild Reverser

5. Dave Alis

@Magni The Bison

those rates are per 1000 downloads. If the average post on this site has 100 likes (presumably around 100 downloads), that's 900 downloads short of earning a penny on the download, correct?

And secondly, isn't it more of a risk of associating one's self to a >hacked< download to get a few bucks rather than to just use a different free download provider and be anonymous?

6. Ma

Markat Registered User

This is where your calculations are off. The people that post RG are not on just this site, they post on every forum, blog and site available so they can money. Plus, leechers pass the links around when they place 0day on RG. Most of these people have been on warez forums for years and know how to stay anonymous, it isn't rocket science.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  7. Dave Alis

Thanks for your reply... I don't got to any other site (of this type) so I wouldn't know about the cross posting. I've disliked RG for years and until I asked this question could never understand why posters would use it over other sites...

Markat likes this.
  8. nahual

nahual Registered User

@Markat ...grrrr grrrrr can't ever argue with your logic :)

Markat likes this.