1. We are not accepting any new account registrations at this time.

Untouched Zorin OS 15 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS etc.)' started by mikepool, Jun 12, 2019.

1. mi

mikepool Registered User

[​IMG]

I just installed this version so I haven't had enough time to play with it and comment about 15's stability, features or how it compares to other distros.

My Personal Experiences:
    Before anyone spends hours setting up Zorin Ultimate as your daily user or attempting to use it as a Windows replacement, be aware that the previous versions were buggy and for me, became unbootable/unrecoverable (Google it... I'm not the only one). Also, you have to pay for each new release of Ultimate without an upgrade path.

I bought Zorin 12 Ultimate for €19.00 when it was first available and kept it up to date. I really wanted to move from Windows to Zorin but I encountered freezing and it became unbootable, twice. After the re-install and second time of not being able to boot, I switched to Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Now they are asking $39 for version 15 of their polished terd. If I can download Zorin Ultimate for free, to play with, I will but I will never again waste my money on Zorin. I recommend people stay away from Zorin and give Mint a try.

Quote from a more experienced Linux enthusiast:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. kvos

kvos Registered User

good system os

3. makmango

makmango Registered User

Tried to run it without install.
    I has the 6 layouts as mentioned for the ultimate, however about OS it just says Zorin os 15.

As far as i rember the version 12 didnt state ultimate either !!

So far its nice testing and runs smooth on old Toshiba labtop :)